Friday, July 19, 2013

Wreck This Journal

I was walking in Provo the other day and came across this graffiti spray painted on the sidewalk. Provo is a special place in that almost 100% of graffiti is either clever, intriguing, or hilarious. I thought this was a great sentiment.


********

About a year or so ago, I discovered something called Wreck This Journal that looked to be incredibly fun. You basically just completely ruin the book, which hurts me simply because I love books so much. But I made an exception with this one, since it really wasn't a book but a creative journal. And its brilliant! 

I got it a few weeks ago & I'm about halfway done with it. It has really given me a creative outlet & made me think out of the box. It is an EXCELLENT gift for perfectionists, children, teens, and young adults. You can find it on Amazon or in your local bookstores. 

Here's a few pictures of what I've done so far! So fun! Painting, drawing, coloring! 

this is actually from google...

also from google...

ok....i actually did the rest myself :)














my roommate burned it on the stove....the whole apartment smelled terrible



1 comment:

  1. I love what you did in the book! I bought one of these several years ago, and I enjoyed it so much that I used it in a couple of my English classes. My students really enjoyed it, although many of them had a hard time actually "hurting" the book, especially cracking its spine. I love your creativity; it makes me wish that I had taken more care with some of the activities. With many of them, I went crazy, wild with abandon, but I like yours a lot more! :)

    ReplyDelete