Sunday, August 11, 2013

My Little Home

I've lived in this new apartment of mine for just over 3 months & I'm still trying to make it my home, to make it feel like someone lives here, to make it feel warm, and inviting.

I wanted to give my apartment character but also do a few things that I found on Pinterest. I was also extremely amazed at the things left in my apartment from previous tenants! There were some great candles, pillows, and picture frames left behind. I also inherited three irons, an ironing board, a fake Christmas tree, an exercise bike, a curling iron, a flat iron, & a billion different cleaning supplies. I am amazed at the things people were willing to leave behind!

So, here is what I've done to my little apartment! I'm completely falling in love with it!

isn't it the cutest little place you've ever seen!?!?

i bought quite a few mason jars to do some random things with! this is just an old book's pages rolled into the jar, with a heart cut into the middle! 

i didn't see the point in hiding my athletic stuff, so the basketball & volleyball have found a home in my living room, in the entertainment center! 

added some color with my art stuff on one of the shelves in my living room

talk about character! yep, those are 40s flapper rubber ducks accompanying my dvd collection! 

this shower curtain was left behind by a previous tenant, and it just happened to perfectly match the towels and bath rugs i already owned! 

a little bit of history

i can't not have my elephants!

a home is not a home without some art and pictures!

cute little key-catcher left behind as well!
my sister in law's family gave me the adorable little jar on a candlestick and i filled it with animal crackers (it was originally filled with baby oreos, but those disappeared quickly!). and then i just added two mason jars with tea candles (found in my kitchen drawer along with a flame wand!) for my dining table! 

I've still got quite a few things I'd like to do & a bit more wall space to fill, but it's really starting to feel like home to me. Some people see apartments as extremely temporary & don't think they deserve the time to be made into a home, but I LOVE this apartment! And I think it can only get better!

So go hit Pinterest, and make your house into your home!

I've also had quite a fun time making hand drawn mugs! I've done a few for friends & then a few for myself of course! It's really great to have something personalized & to have pride in the fact that you made it yourself!

Castle & Beckett....with Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock in the background

Jared Padalecki & Misha Collins of Supernatural (Jensen Ackles on other side)

White Collar's Matt Bomer; Castle's Nathan Fillion & Stana Katic; Jared & Misha of Supernatural; Patrick Dempsey; Castle silhouettes




2 comments:

  1. I love your mugs. Those are some awesome characters that you have picked to draw on them. I approve. Not that you need or probably care for my approval ;) But you have it. Love Castle and Beckett. And Patrick Dempsey. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks amber! i've had a TON of interest from people wanting to buy! i'm having lots and lots of fun drawing them!

      Delete