Sunday, March 31, 2013

I See What You Did There...

I've been extremely conscious of advertising lately. And yesterday, I was really hit with something that the media does: they present media we already enjoy, to get us to do something else.

Exhibit A: this car seat billboard.


Cinderella had the perfect fit, and so should your child in their car seat. I can tell you, at least from my experience, that I most definitely paid more attention to this billboard because Cinderella was on it. And I'm willing to bet children will notice and perhaps direct their parents attention there as well. Sort of brilliant.

Exhibit B: the Provo City Library.

My roommate, Jessi, loves books. Like more than anyone I've ever met. And last year she made me get a Provo Library Card. I thank her over and over again for forcing me. So she came back from the library last week with a backpack full of books and a massive tease: my love Nathan Fillion is in that library. Yesterday she enticed me into walking down there with her to take a picture with one of my favorite men. Here you have it:


Isn't he beautiful?! I found a new favorite place to read. And I think that was part of the library's intention when they put up these posters. They put up posters of fabulous men (and men were the ONLY ones I saw; no women, curious huh?) holding books, telling you to read. So they draw us in with the celebrities in order to get us to read more. Another brilliant campaign. And here are some of the other men we saw...and my roommate Kaitlyn :)


 Hugh Jackman
Jeffrey Dean Morgan

Jude Law & Robert Downey Jr.

Martin Freeman & The Hobbit

I see what they did here...So have you found any type of advertising that uses something many people love in order for viewers to do something else in return???


2 comments: