Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Tricky Business

Advertising: it's a tricky business!

Our whole lecture in class today was about advertisements and the way in which they capture our attention and get us to do things and remember things without even realizing it. 

I was curious, so i Googled "clever advertising." The results were interesting. Lots of sexual images, lots of beer ads, but there were also some pretty brilliant ones! 









I'm seriously looking forward to the new SuperBowl commercials that will be coming out this weekend. It's literally the only time I ever WANT to watch the commercials more than the actual program. 



I hope we can all be a little more conscious of what we're seeing in print and on television and more aware of its effect on us.

1 comment:

  1. I love commercials...they're the reason I look forward to the Super Bowl. It's like a funniest-commercial contest!

    ReplyDelete