Monday, August 26, 2013

Temporary Hobo

I have been exiled.

I am not allowed in my apartment. At least not for now. And when I am allowed back in, I risk dying of paint fumes. 

Yep, my apartment is getting completely repainted. Every single square inch of it. Which means, I had to pack up all of my stuff, shove it in the closet and cupboard under the stairs, take down all my precious posters, photo frames, & their (expensive) command strips. It looks very boring & like no one actually lives there. And this is just the beginning. I'll have to stay like this for the foreseeable future because I'm also getting brand new carpet throughout the ENTIRE apartment & I refuse to put all of my stuff back where it belongs, only to pack it back up again for the carpet installers...





So I am a temporary hobo.

I pulled out my burlap sack and filled it with clothes, books, my computer, chargers, granola bars, & Monsters University gummy fruit chews. 


I turned my closet into a makeshift library.


And I practically turned myself into Harry Potter pre-Hogwarts by stuffing the rest of my stuff into the cupboard under the stairs. 


And then I was on my way.

I'm extremely grateful for free wi-fi and an abundance of electric plugs. I'm writing this blog post from the student union of the university I graduated from just 4 months ago...surrounded by terrified freshmen and their just-as-terrified parents. It's quite a sight.

************

7 hours later...

I almost did die of paint fumes. And I was only in the apartment for 5 minutes to grab a few things...& they're only half way done painting...

And they painted over my beautiful accent walls of purple and green, which may be the most depressing part! :( It's very blah now, which I find incredibly sad.

So I'll be a hobo for a few days longer...

No comments:

Post a Comment