Sunday, May 5, 2013

A Whole New (Difficult) World

"Life is easy. People can be hard." 
-Nathan Fillion

I have been graduated from college for a little over a week now. And literally all I've done is watch some TV shows, eat some pizza, make a few new friends, and throw a few resumes & applications out into the big old grown-up kid world. 

I must admit, I had a much more glamourous lifestyle thought up in my head of the post-grad life. I also thought it'd be sooooo nice not to do ANYTHING for awhile. Well, it's been a week and I'm going a bit stir crazy. 


Finding a job is difficult to begin with, but finding a job that you will enjoy, that you're qualified for, that you've trained 4 years in college to do, and that is close enough that you can walk/ride your bike/take the bus is even MORE difficult. AND even more difficult than that is convincing these people that you're the best for the job and that they should hire you on the spot. Yeah...

I'm trying. I really am trying. And I won't give up.

So I'll throw a few more resumes out into the world and pray one lands in the hands of someone who thinks I'm the coolest thing since sliced bread.

Until then, I'll be here, scouring the internet for leads while I listen to ancient episodes of America's Next Top Model playing in the background. 

Cross your fingers for me, friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment